Tickets are available for The Community Foundation’s 2023 Charity Event Awards, which will be held from 6 to 9 p.m. on Tuesday, April 4, at the Crowne Plaza Fort Myers at Bell Tower, 13051 Bell Tower Drive in Fort Myers.
Recognizing innovation and excellence in event fundraising, The Community Foundation’s Charity Event Awards will celebrate the best fundraising events and the most outstanding charitable organizations that host, plan and promote events that raise funds to fulfill their missions. The awards program will feature keynote speaker Byron Donalds, U.S. Congressman of the 19th District, with a message to business sponsors, philanthropists and humanitarians who give their time and resources to support the charitable and nonprofit sector.
The 2023 Charity Event Awards will recognize 67 finalists across seven categories. Winners will be announced during the event. The 2023 finalists include:
- Best Overall Charity Event: Animal Refuge Center, Bobby Nichols – Fiddlesticks Charity Foundation, Boys & Girls Club of Collier County, Cape Coral Animal Shelter, Community Cooperative, Conservancy of Southwest Florida, Family Initiative, Friends of Lovers Key, Garden Club of Cape Coral, Habitat for Humanity of Lee and Hendry Counties, Kids’ Minds Matter, Lee Health Foundation, Our Mother’s Home/Alliance for the Arts, SWFL Children’s Charities
- Best Special Charity Event: Alliance for the Arts/Our Mother’s Home, Avow Foundation, Best Buddies SWFL, Bobby Nichols – Fiddlesticks Charity Foundation, Cape Coral Friends of Wildlife, Dubin Center, Guardian Ad Litem Foundation, Harry Chapin Food Bank of Southwest Florida, Hodges University, Lee BIA Builders Care, Lee Health Foundation/Golisano Children’s Hospital, NAMI Collier County, Pace Center for Girls Lee, Restore Fort Myers Beach Arches, Sally J. Pimentel Deaf & Hard of Hearing Center, The Shelter for Abused Women & Children, St. Andrew Conference of the Society of St. Vincent de Paul, Thrive SWFL, United Way of Lee, Hendry, and Glades
- Up and Coming Event: Angel Wings of SW Florida, Donation Yoga Naples, Duffy’s Foundation, Gulf Coast Humane Society, Peace River Botanical & Sculpture Gardens, Southwest Florida Music Education Center
- Best Caterer/Venue: Crowne Plaza Fort Myers at Bell Tower, G3 Catering, Hilton Naples, JW Marriott Marco Island Beach Resort, Marriott Sanibel Harbour Resort & Spa, The Plantation Golf & Country Club, The Ritz-Carlton Naples
- Best Events Team: Coastal Conservation Association Florida, Charlotte County Habitat for Humanity, Lee County Homeless Coalition, South West Florida Horse Rescue, World Race
- Best Corporate Citizen: Alliance Financial Group, Best Home Services, Cape Coral Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram, Cushman & Wakefield Commercial Property of SWFL, Estero Bay Chevrolet, Jaguar of Fort Myers, Sam Galloway Ford, Sanibel Captiva Community Bank, State Insurance, Subaru of Fort Myers
- Best Business to Business: Everglades Coalition, Horizon Council, Market Trends, Southwest Florida Music Education Center, SWFL Climate and Community Initiative, SWFL Inc.
Priority Marketing will also be honored for the second consecutive year as the Best Charity Event Support Team by a Marketing and PR Firm.
“Our annual Charity Event Awards is a celebration of the continued innovation and resilience of our nonprofit community and their ability to create well-planned events with excellence,” said Michael Chatman, president and CEO of The Community Foundation. “We look forward to honoring the charity event fundraisers and trailblazers who turn challenges into opportunities for their causes, and continue to engage new supporters and grow their impact.”
The 2023 Charity Event Awards event is presented by the Gunterberg Charitable Foundation. The News-Press/Naples Daily News is the 2023 media sponsor.
Tickets for the event are $75 per person.
To learn more about this year’s finalists, sponsorship opportunities or to purchase tickets, visit CapeCoralCF.org or call 239-542-5594.
About The Community Foundation
The Community Foundation is a leader in recognizing and celebrating the accomplishments of charity fundraising events, galas, golf tournaments and competitive races to secure contributions and raise awareness for nonprofit and charitable causes. Previously known as the Cape Coral Community Foundation, the philanthropic organization was established in 1973 to empower communities through nonprofit leadership to grow and prosper. For more information on The Community Foundation, call 239-542-5594 or visit CapeCoralCF.org.