Save the date for the 2022 Industry Appreciation Awards, being held on Thursday, October 27. The awards, which celebrate Lee County businesses that drive the local economy, employ our workforce and shape their industries, will be held at Caloosa Sound Convention Center located at 1375 Monroe Street in Fort Myers. A networking hour will take place from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m., with the awards program and lunch beginning at 11 a.m.
Lee County businesses are nominated by the community, and the awards program is coordinated by the Horizon Council, Horizon Foundation and Lee County Economic Development Office.
The award categories include:
- Innovator of the Year: Awarded to a local business that develops advanced or innovative technologies that have positive impacts on Lee County’s growing economy and its industry.
- Manufacturer of the Year: Awarded to a local manufacturing business in Lee County that shows excellence and growth in leadership, performance, profitability and workforce relations.
- Small Business of the Year: Awarded to a company with up to 50 employees that has been in business a minimum of six years in Lee County and has been successful in offering high-quality products and services along with superior customer service.
- Large Business of the Year: Awarded to a company with more than 50 employees that has been in business a minimum of six years in Lee County and has been successful in offering high-quality products and services along with superior customer service.
- Technology Award: Recognizes a local technology-focused company that is committed to growth and adding new technology-related products and/or services, customers and staff, and supports the technology community in Lee County.
- Inclusion & Diversity Award: Recognizes a local business that demonstrates strong vision and leadership in overcoming social and diversity obstacles that lead to an improved business environment and results.
For more information, please visit IndustryAppreciationAwards.com.
About the Horizon Foundation
The Horizon Foundation was established in 1995-96 to provide a funding vehicle for businesses to invest in Lee County’s long-term economic development and vitality. In 2000, the Horizon Foundation received its IRS ruling as a charitable 501(c)(3) organization. The Foundation raises private-sector money to support efforts of the Lee County Economic Development Office and the Horizon Council to improve the area’s business climate. For more information, please visit HorizonCouncilFoundation.com or call 239-533-6800.
About the Horizon Council
The Horizon Council is a public-private board established in 1991 to advise the Lee County Board of Commissioners on economic development issues. The Council has up to 80 members representing cities; chambers of commerce; economic development and trade organizations; community, business, and education organizations; along with various officers and at-large members. The Horizon Council is the voice of business in Lee County. The Council’s mission is to improve Lee County’s business environment, retain and encourage the expansion of existing businesses, and attract new and diversified employers. It is the only public-private partnership of Lee County Government and business leaders. Visit LeeCountyBusiness.com/Horizon-Council for more information.
About the Lee County Economic Development Office
The Lee County Economic Development Office provides business assistance to retain existing businesses, encourage entrepreneurship and attract new business to provide a strong economy and thriving communities. The office also works to improve opportunities for the workforce to advance skills and have access to career ladders. Lee EDO has published a Development Activity Story Map that allows the public to explore new private development projects and investment activity in the county. Visit LeeCountyBusiness.com for more information.