Lee Health’s first “Caring for the Cape” event on Thursday, Jan. 25 at the Westin Cape Coral provided insight into the future of Lee Health’s planned projects in Cape Coral. Over $105,000 was raised through sponsorships, ticket sales, and live and silent auctions to help provide access to a variety of health care services for residents and visitors of Cape Coral and surrounding areas.
“We are so incredibly grateful for the support shown to the Cape community at this inaugural event to bring increased access and more healthcare services to our Cape Coral residents and visitors,” said Chief Physician and Operations Executive at Cape Coral Hospital Dr. Cherrie Morris. “The community is growing, and we are excited and privileged to serve and grow with it and share exciting plans,” added Chief Nurse and Operations Executive Dr. Candace Smith.
Attendees learned about projects underway to expand health care in the Cape, including:
• A ribbon cutting in January 2024 for expansion of the Cape Coral Hospital’s Intensive Care Unit (ICU) with 34 patient beds and six units for dialysis.
• Surfside Medical Facility to be completed in late 2024 with orthopedics, endocrinology, rheumatology and rehabilitation specialists.
• Primary and pediatric care, cardiology, imaging, breast health, lab and behavioral health available at the new Bimini Square building in 2025.
• Increasing hospital based services such as surgery, complex care clinic, pharmacy services, imaging procedures, cardiology services and women’s care.
• Supporting the growth for training physicians.
• Additional plans for purchased land and future Lee Health facilities in Cape Coral.
Major sponsors of the event included Lake Michigan Credit Union, Windward Construction, Quality Carpet Outlet and VITAS Healthcare. The event included island-inspired cuisine, tropical specialty welcome cocktail provided by Wicked Dolphin, music, and silent and live auctions featuring dining experiences, travel, memorabilia and more. To get involved with Lee Health’s initiatives in Cape Coral or to learn more, reach out to Katy Martinez at firstname.lastname@example.org.