Record-breaking donations from 846 Lee Health employees this year were up 10% from last year. Funds raised provide team members funding to attend conferences, receive advanced skill training, remain current on certifications, obtain equipment to enhance patient care, and more.
“Team Member Giving helped me bring the latest information on high quality patient care to clinicians at Gulf Coast Medical Center,” said Beverly Heatley, RN, Nurse Resident Development Specialist and Nursing Residency Specialist. “Support really makes a difference!”
Lee Health employees can apply for Team Member Giving Funds throughout the year to provide opportunities to enhance job skills through attendance at local, state and national conferences; online training; certification education; bringing in nationally recognized experts for in-services and purchase of training programs; and purchase of equipment for inpatient and outpatient areas to help team members provide patients with the finest possible care.
Some projects that have been supported by Team Member Giving include:
- Funding fabric for the award-winning Sew Angelic program, where volunteers and staff members provide unique caps to young patients who undergo surgery.
- Partnering with the Lee Memorial Auxiliary to purchase a security cart for use by Lee Memorial Hospital’s Public Safety Team.
- Expanding the REST Tea Cart program to staff members and volunteers at the Regional Cancer Center. The program, managed by Spiritual Services, provides team members with a welcome respite.
- Participating in the Gulf Coast Medical Center Nursing Summit for over 150 front line nurses/caregivers at the Marriott Sanibel Harbour Resort and Spa.
- Attending the national 2023 Nursing Professional Development convention by members of the Nursing Professional Development Team to get the latest information on high quality and safe patient care to share with all hospital campuses, outpatient service lines and practices across the system.
The Lee Health Foundation is committed to enhancing health care services within the Lee Health network, including improving access to care, addressing the social determinants of health, and delivering the right care, at the right place and time, and at the right costs.
For more about philanthropic opportunities with Lee Health, visit LeeHealthFoundation.org.
About Lee Health Foundation
Lee Health Foundation raises philanthropic dollars on behalf of Lee Health to establish, expand and enhance innovative, lifesaving and preventative programs. The Foundation provides financial support for all five Lee Health hospitals including Golisano Children’s Hospital as well as many service areas including Lee Health Cancer Institute, Lee Health Coconut Point, The Rehabilitation Hospital, Lee Health Heart Institute, Community Health Clinics and Golisano Children’s Health Center in Naples. Over the last year, the Foundation has distributed more than $27 million to support Lee Health’s mission. Please visit LeeHealthFoundation.org or call 239-343-6950 for more information about the role of Lee Health philanthropy in Southwest Florida.