Celebrate 30 years of business excellence in Lee County at the Industry Appreciation Awards on Friday, Oct. 27. The annual awards luncheon will take place at the Caloosa Sound Convention Center, located at 1375 Monroe Street in Fort Myers. The event will begin with an hour of networking opportunities from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m., and the awards luncheon will follow from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Registration for the event will open in mid-September.
The awards program is organized by the Horizon Council, Horizon Foundation and Lee County Economic Development Office. Out of 18 nominated finalists, six winners will be announced at the Oct. 27 awards ceremony.
The six award categories and their finalists include:
- The Diversity in Business Award recognizes a local business that demonstrates strong vision and leadership in overcoming social and diversity obstacles, leading to an improved business environment and results.
- The Innovative Technology Award recognizes a local company that is committed to growth and innovation through new products and/or services, showcasing forward-thinking technology which broadens the economy landscape in Lee County.
- Large Business of the Year is awarded to a company with over 50 employees that has been in business a minimum of six years in Lee County and offers high-quality products and services with superior customer service.
- Manufacturer of the Year recognizes a local manufacturing business in Lee County that exhibits excellence and growth in leadership, performance, profitability and workforce relations.
- The Nonprofit Partnership Award recognizes an outstanding partnership between a business and a nonprofit organization on an initiative or project that has made a significant positive impact in Lee County.
- Small Business of the Year is awarded to a company with up to 50 employees that has been in business a minimum of six years in Lee County and offers high-quality products and services with superior customer service.
For more information, please visit https://www.industryappreciationawards.com/.
About the Horizon Foundation
The Horizon Foundation was established in 1995-96 to provide a funding vehicle for businesses to invest in Lee County’s long-term economic development and vitality. In 2000, the Horizon Foundation received its IRS ruling as a charitable 501(c)(3) organization. The Foundation raises private-sector money to support efforts of the Lee County Economic Development Office and the Horizon Council to improve the area’s business climate. For more information, please visit HorizonCouncilFoundation.com, or call 239-533-6806.
About the Horizon Council
The Horizon Council is a public-private board established in 1991 to advise the Lee County Board of Commissioners on economic development issues. The Council has up to 80 members representing cities; chambers of commerce; economic development and trade organizations; community, business, and education organizations; along with various officers and at-large members. The Horizon Council is the voice of business in Lee County. The Council’s mission is to improve Lee County’s business environment, retain and encourage the expansion of existing businesses, and attract new and diversified employers. It is the only public-private partnership of Lee County Government and business leaders. Visit LeeCountyBusiness.com/Horizon-Council for more information.
About the Lee County Economic Development Office
The Lee County Economic Development Office provides business assistance to retain existing businesses, encourage entrepreneurship and attract new business to provide a strong economy and thriving communities. The office also works to improve opportunities for the workforce to advance skills and have access to career ladders. Lee EDO has published a Development Activity Story Map that allows the public to explore new private development projects and investment activity in the county. Visit LeeCountyBusiness.com for more information.