The Greater Fort Myers Chamber of Commerce has announced an exciting line-up for its 2019 Business Summit presented by HBKS Wealth Advisors set for Sept. 20. The summit, now in its sixth year, will run from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Sanibel Harbour Marriott Resort & Spa, 17260 Harbour Pointe Drive in Fort Myers. Registration is $179 per person, with discounts for multiple registrations.
This year’s keynote address is “Communicate Your Way to Success,” by entrepreneur, business coach and international speaker Jason Evers. Evers has traveled to more than 20 countries on five continents strategizing and creating blueprints for entrepreneurs to achieve results.
The Business Summit also includes a variety of informative, interactive sessions led by local business leaders. Based on their expressed interests, attendees will have the opportunity to participate in three 50-minute workshops offered at the Summit. Workshop topics include:
- The Power of PRE-Suasion: Jason Evers
- Cyber Security: Mark Nieds, Henderson, Franklin, Starnes & Holt, P.A.; Greg Scasny, Cigent Technology
- Policy & Procedure Development for the Current Workforce: Martina Hopkins, Paychex; John Potanovic, Boy Agnew Potanovic
- How to Use Multiple Online Data Sources to Innovate your Recruiting, Create Competitive Position Pricing and Hire Like a Pro: Dr. Darlene Andert, Accounting for Profitability
- Networking & Business Relationships: Bryan Blackwell, Molloy Financial Group; Sergio DeCesare, certified business exit strategist and “turn around” consultant
- Using Video to Effectively Promote Your Business: Edward Clay, Dragon Horse Ad Agency
- Medical Marijuana in the Workplace: Scott Atwood, Henderson, Franklin, Starnes & Holt, P.A.; Julia Corbett, SalusCare; Dr. Heather Auld, SWFL Integrative Medicine
- Dynamic Communication & Interpersonal Skills: George Alexakis, Lutgert College of Business at Florida Gulf Coast University
- The Value of Internships: Michael DeLuca, HBKS Wealth Advisors; Debbie Psihountas, Florida SouthWestern State College; Rafael Villamil, Florida Gulf Coast University; Meagan Stover, Florida Everblades
New this year and sponsored by DMA | Digital Marketing Agency, a complimentary DISC Profile assessment and printed report will be offered for all attendees pre-registered by Sept. 11. This recognized behavior assessment tool that helps people identify and maximize their strengths and motivators will be administered through the SBDC at FGCU. At the Summit, LaShaun Collier from Florida Small Business Development Center (SBDC) at Florida Gulf Coast University (FGCU) will discuss the components of the DISC profiles, designed to help people improve work productivity, teamwork and communication. Individual assessments can also be arranged with each participant at their workplace or at the SBDC at FGCU following the summit.
To register for the Business Summit, a limited number of tickets are available online at fortmyers.org/events/business-symposium or by calling 239-332-3624. Sponsorship opportunities are still available. To learn more, visit FortMyers.org or call 239-332-3624.
About the Greater Fort Myers Chamber of Commerce:
Serving Lee County and surrounding areas since 1989, the Greater Fort Myers Chamber of Commerce, Inc. is a business organization of professionals who support and promote a progressive, sustainable community. The Chamber represents nearly 800 businesses, professionals, and individuals throughout Lee County, providing opportunities for members to connect and unite through a variety of empowering networking, educational and community- and business-focused programs and events. The Greater Fort Myers Chamber of Commerce is located at 2310 Edwards Drive in downtown Fort Myers. For additional information regarding membership opportunities or events please call 239-332-3624 or visit www.fortmyers.org. For the latest news and updates, follow the Chamber on Facebook at www.facebook.com/gfmcc or Twitter at @FtMyersChamber.