The Greater Fort Myers Chamber of Commerce is presenting its inaugural SWFL Craft Beer Week on Sept. 2-6 with a series of events celebrating Southwest Florida’s craft breweries.
SWFL Craft Beer Week kicks off the celebration with an exclusive VIP event – Beers, Bowling & Bites at HeadPinz Fort Myers – and continues with events and specialty beer releases at participating breweries throughout the week. Breweries include Coastal Dayz Brewery, Crazy Dingo Brewing Co., Fort Myers Brewing Company, Millennial Brewing Company, Palm City Brewing Company, Point Ybel Brewing Company and Riptide Brewing Company.
Over a dozen events are taking place throughout the week with the full schedule at SWFLCraftBeerWeek.com. A few highlights include:
Thursday, Sept. 2
- Beers, Bowling & Bites, a VIP event from 6 to 9 p.m. at HeadPinz Fort Myers, 14513 Global Pkwy. in Fort Myers, featuring bowling, food and specialty beers from all seven participating breweries. A limited number of VIP tickets are available at $100 per person, and includes a $25 HeadPinz gift card and tickets for a free pint at each brewery.
Friday, Sept. 3
- Handcrafted Night Market with Beer & Chocolate Flights featuring Norman Love Confections, held from 2 to 11 p.m. at Fort Myers Brewing Company, 12811 Commerce Lakes Drive, Suite 28, in Fort Myers, featuring a night market, food trucks, live music and a limited-edition beer and chocolate flight of four specialty brews paired with four Norman Love Confections chocolates. Fort Myers Brewing will also be brewing a salted caramel chocolate stout with chocolatier Norman Love.
Saturday, Sept. 4
- Hazy Day from noon to 4 p.m. at Palm City Brewing Company, 7887 Drew Circle, Suite #130, in Fort Myers, featuring a food truck and Palm City’s favorite New England Style IPAs made in-house and throughout the state of Florida.
- Drink Around the World from noon to 10 p.m. at Millennial Brewing Company, 1811 Royal Palm Ave. in Fort Myers, featuring local food trucks and restaurants from seven countries as well as seven themed beer releases reflective of each country.
- Family, Farm & Brews from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. at Crazy Dingo Brewing Company, 8500 Penzance Blvd. in Fort Myers, featuring Crazy Dingo releases as well as favorites from around Southwest Florida. Enjoy live music, tasty eats and delicious samples of local brews.
- Craft Beer & College Football at Shoeless Joe’s Sports Café, 13051 Bell Tower Drive in Fort Myers, where all local draft craft beers will be just $3 a glass and NCAA football games will be shown on over 40 HDTVs. A Game Time Menu will be featured from noon to close with all menu items priced just $7.99.
Sunday, Sept. 5:
- Cool & Crispy Fest from noon to 8 p.m. at Point Ybel Brewing Company, 16120 San Carlos Blvd. in Fort Myers, featuring an outdoor oasis equipped with crispy beer, fans, water guns, food, music and several guest breweries: Calusa, Barriehaus, 7venth Sun, Magnanimous, Tactical Brewing and Woven Water.
- Beer & Dessert Pairing from noon to 7 p.m. at Riptide Brewing Company, 28120 Hunters Ridge Blvd., in Bonita Springs, featuring 100 flights of Riptide Brewing Company’s four new sour beers paired with various tarts and pastries from Mikkelsen’s Pastry Shop in Naples.
Monday, Sept. 6
- Bikes & Brews from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Matzaluna, 1200 Periwinkle Way on Sanibel, an outdoor celebration featuring beers from Southwest Florida breweries, music, cornhole and wood-fired pizza.
SWFL Craft Beer Week is presented by the Greater Fort Myers Chamber of Commerce in partnership with sponsors Lee County Visitor & Convention Bureau, Suncoast Beverage Sales, Coca-Cola, J.J. Taylor and Boost Creative.
For out-of-town guests, Crowne Plaza at Bell Tower will be offering a special hotel room rate, including breakfast and roundtrip transportation to select breweries. For reservations, call 239-482-2900 and ask for SWFL Beer Fest group rate.
To learn more about SWFL Craft Beer Week and view the full schedule of activities, visit SWFLCraftBeerWeek.com or call 239-332-2930.
About the Greater Fort Myers Chamber of Commerce:
Serving Lee County and surrounding areas since 1989, the Greater Fort Myers Chamber of Commerce, Inc. is a business organization of professionals who support and promote a progressive, sustainable community. The Chamber represents over 750 businesses, professionals, and individuals throughout Lee County, providing opportunities for members to participate in a variety of meaningful networking, educational and community- and business-focused programs and events. The Greater Fort Myers Chamber of Commerce is located at 2310 Edwards Drive in downtown Fort Myers. For additional information regarding membership opportunities or events please call 239-332-2930 or visit www.fortmyers.org. For the latest news and updates, follow the Chamber on Facebook at www.facebook.com/gfmcc or Twitter at @FtMyersChamber.