The Horizon Council, Horizon Foundation and Lee County Economic Development Office have announced finalists for Lee County’s 30th Anniversary of Industry Appreciation Awards 2023.
The Industry Appreciation Awards celebrate Lee County businesses that drive the local economy, employ the workforce and shape their industries. Nominations were accepted through June 30 and the winners will be announced at the Industry Appreciation Awards luncheon on Oct. 27.
Finalists are listed in alphabetical order and include the following businesses:
- Large Business of the Year: Christopher Alan Homes, Lee County Electric Cooperative, Inc. and Pink Shell Resort & Marina
- Small Business of the Year: LSI Companies, Inc., Pushing the Envelope and Tech in a Flash
- Diversity in Business Award: Advanced Hurricane Technology, Jesi Cason Photography and TLC Marketing & Creative Services
- Innovative Technology Award: HF scientific, a Watts Brand, Spigot Inc. and Timilon Corporation
- Manufacturer of the Year: Architectural Metal Flashings, B&I Contractors and Botanical Brewing Co.
- Nonprofit Partnership Award: City Tavern/Family Initiative, Matter Brothers Furniture/United Way of Lee County and ReVital Development Group/Lee County Housing Authority
The Oct. 27 event will take place at the Caloosa Sound Convention Center at 1375 Monroe St. in Fort Myers. Networking begins at 10 a.m. and the program will start at 11 a.m. and conclude at 1 p.m. For more information, please visit IndustryAppreciationAwards.com.
About the Horizon Foundation
The Horizon Foundation was established in 1995-96 to provide a funding vehicle for businesses to invest in Lee County’s long-term economic development and vitality. In 2000, the Horizon Foundation received its IRS ruling as a charitable 501(c)(3) organization. The Foundation raises private-sector money to support efforts of the Lee County Economic Development Office and the Horizon Council to improve the area’s business climate. For more information, please visit HorizonCouncilFoundation.com, or call 239-533-6806.
About the Horizon Council
The Horizon Council is a public-private board established in 1991 to advise the Lee County Board of Commissioners on economic development issues. The Council has up to 80 members representing cities; chambers of commerce; economic development and trade organizations; community, business, and education organizations; along with various officers and at-large members. The Horizon Council is the voice of business in Lee County. The Council’s mission is to improve Lee County’s business environment, retain and encourage the expansion of existing businesses, and attract new and diversified employers. It is the only public-private partnership of Lee County Government and business leaders. Visit LeeCountyBusiness.com/Horizon-Council for more information.
About the Lee County Economic Development Office
The Lee County Economic Development Office provides business assistance to retain existing businesses, encourage entrepreneurship and attract new business to provide a strong economy and thriving communities. The office also works to improve opportunities for the workforce to advance skills and have access to career ladders. Lee EDO has published a Development Activity Story Map that allows the public to explore new private development projects and investment activity in the county. Visit LeeCountyBusiness.com for more information.