Community partners are coming together to host a Craft Beer Dinner on Wednesday, Aug. 31 to benefit the Greater Fort Myers Chamber of Commerce Foundation.
Crowne Plaza Fort Myers, Fort Myers Brewing Company, Palm City Brewing Company and Point Ybel Brewing Company have teamed up to present a four-course dinner menu featuring pairings of handcrafted brews. The evening will feature select beers from each craft brewery as well as a special collaboration brew, a salted stout.
The Craft Beer Dinner will take place at 5 p.m. on Wednesday, Aug. 31 at the Crowne Plaza Fort Myers at Bell Tower, located 13051 Bell Tower Drive in Fort Myers. Tickets to attend are available for $85 per person. Advance registration is required by calling 239-210-2470.
Proceeds from the event benefit the Foundation’s efforts to enhance education and professional development at a variety of levels as well as provide grants for students, educators and educational institutions. Throughout its history, the Foundation has contributed over $600,000 to benefit scholastic programs and initiatives across Southwest Florida.
The exclusive dinner and beer pairing menu includes:
- Reception: Large charcuterie board and warm pretzel sticks with three types of mustard, paired with Fort Myers Brewing’s Gateway Blonde and Cherry Limeade Spyk’d Hard Seltzer.
- First Course: Fried gator bites with a swamp sauce spicy remoulade, paired with Palm City Brewing’s Burst, a hazy double dry hopped double IPA.
- Second Course: Seared ahi tuna salad featuring mixed greens, arugula, thinly sliced tuna, avocado, mango caviar and sesame ginger dressing, paired with Point Ybel Brewing’s Waterkeeper Hefeweizen.
- Third Course: Filet mignon with three grilled jumbo shrimp wrapped in bacon and thinly sliced pepper jack cheese, served with garlic roasted okra and mini Hasselback potatoes and paired with Fort Myers Brewing Company’s Oktoberfest lager.
- Fourth Course: Chocolate cheesecake garnished with a candied orange slice, paired with the Collaboration Brew Salted Stout.
For more information about the Greater Fort Myers Chamber of Commerce Foundation, visit FortMyers.org.
The event is a precursor to the Chamber’s SWFL Craft Beer Week on Sept. 1-5, a weeklong celebration of Southwest Florida’s craft breweries. To learn more, visit SWFLCraftBeerWeek.com.