The American Advertising Federation again has honored the Conservancy of Southwest Florida for its excellence in advertising and marketing for both print and digital campaigns.
The Conservancy received 12 ADDY Awards for the second consecutive year through AdFed’s Suncoast region, which covers agencies, organizations and businesses from Sarasota to Marco Island. The ADDY Awards are the industry’s largest and most representative competition, and winners exemplify the creative spirit of excellence in the art of advertising.
The Conservancy earned one of just seven AMY Awards, which are awarded to the Best of Category winners, for print advertising as part of its Kill the Bill campaign. With bold, black letters and silhouettes of construction equipment on a bright yellow background, the advocacy piece challenged Southwest Florida residents to take a stand against developers by opposing fast-moving legislative bills that would have eroded wetlands protection.
Four of the Conservancy’s campaigns and special events generated the accolades, including a compelling plea – My Family Needs Clean Water Too – that used vivid imagery to explain the impact of polluted water while being told through the voice of wildlife. Other winning entries consisted of bold, colorful invitations and posters promoting the Magic Under the Mangroves fundraising gala, and A Tough Pill to Swallow, a candid video lamenting the region’s water quality crisis.
“While our biologists, conservationists and policy advocates are carrying out the Conservancy’s vision, it’s incredibly important to have a team of communications professionals who can boil down complex scientific terms, research and policy issues into easy-to-understand messaging,” said Rob Moher, president and CEO of the Conservancy. “Winning multiple ADDY awards, year after year, means our team is helping advance the community’s engagement in our mission to protect the region’s water, land, wildlife and future.”
The Conservancy’s advertising and marketing initiatives are led by Catherine Bergerson, director of communications and marketing; Kate Kintz, graphic design and production manager; Greg Willette, digital media and marketing coordinator; and Katie Ferron, community engagement coordinator.
Additional AdFed awards earned by the Conservancy’s team include:
- Sales and Marketing (card, invitation or announcement): Magic Under the Mangroves gala invite
- Sales and Marketing (card, invitation or announcement campaign): Magic Under the Mangroves invite campaign
- Print Advertising (public service print advertising): Kill the Bill
- Print Advertising (public service print advertising): My Family Needs Clean Water Too (turtles)
- Print Advertising (public service print advertising): My Family Needs Clean Water Too (manatees)
- Out-Of-Home and Ambient Media (event): Magic Under the Mangroves
- Out-Of-Home and Ambient Media (poster): Connect poster for Magic Under the Mangroves
- Out-Of-Home and Ambient Media (poster campaign): Connect posters for Magic Under the Mangroves
- Film, Video and Sound (public service online film, video and sound): Tough Pill to Swallow
- Cross Platform (integrated media public service campaign): Kill the Bill
- Cross Platform (integrated media public service campaign): My Family Needs Clean Water
About the Conservancy of Southwest Florida:
The Conservancy of Southwest Florida is a not-for-profit environmental protection organization with a 55-year history focused on the issues impacting the water, land wildlife and future of Collier, Lee, Charlotte, Hendry and Glades counties. The Conservancy accomplishes this mission through the combined efforts of its experts in the areas of environmental science, policy, education and wildlife rehabilitation. The Conservancy of Southwest Florida, world-class Nature Center and von Arx Wildlife Hospital are headquartered in Naples, Florida, 1495 Smith Preserve Way, south of the Naples Zoo off Goodlette-Frank Road. Learn more about the Conservancy’s work and how to support the quality of life in Southwest Florida www.conservancy.org.