Advocate Radiation Oncology is partnering with American Legion Post 38 and the Lee County Sheriff’s Office to collect clothing, hygiene products, food and other essentials for homeless veterans living in Southwest Florida.
“Veterans gave so much for us and our country, and it’s our responsibility as a community to support them during their time of need,” said Dr. Arie Dosoretz, managing partner of Advocate Radiation Oncology. “The Homeless Veterans Collection Drive is a community-wide initiative to provide essentials to veterans who don’t have a permanent place to stay right now. Together, we can make a positive impact on their lives – just like they have made on ours.”
Organizers are seeking donations of:
- Cold-weather clothing: jackets, sweaters, hats, scarves, gloves and socks
- Linens: blankets, pillowcases and sleeping bags
- Hygiene products: soap, shampoo, toothbrushes and toothpaste
- Non-perishable food: canned goods, granola bars, instant meals and bottled water
- Gift cards: supermarkets, retail stores, fast food restaurants and pharmacies
- Backpacks and duffel bags
- First aid supplies
Only new clothing and unopened food packages will be accepted.
Donations can be dropped off Oct. 1-17 at two Lee County Sheriff’s Office Community Outreach Centers in Fort Myers:
- 2125 First St., Suite 100 (9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily)
- 4125 Cleveland Ave., Suite 1930, inside Edison Mall (11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Saturday; noon to 6 p.m. on Sunday)
Additionally, donations can be brought to American Legion Post 38, 1857 Jackson St. in Fort Myers, from noon to 2 p.m. on Thursday, Oct. 19. At that time, all Southwest Florida veterans are invited to a complimentary lunch.
About Advocate Radiation Oncology
Advocate Radiation Oncology is a locally owned practice with convenient locations in South Florida. The practice’s mission is to provide compassionate health care expertise to cancer patients. Advocate Radiation Oncology is directed by a team of world-class, board-certified radiation oncologists. For more information, please visit AdvocateRO.com.